There is only one path.
Born mortal along with his three brothers, Michael is an Archangel with a specific role: hunt fallen angels and send them back to Hell. He is determined in his mission, never straying from his appointed path, until he meets Lake Divine, and discovers there may be more to his beliefs than blind duty.
But Lake is not who he seems. Offspring of a human and a fallen angel, a Nephilim, Lake must choose his own destiny: give in to the coldness and embrace the dark, or seek the light and rise above the sins of his father.
Two paths lay before them, but only one has the potential to destroy them both.
Patricia Josephine never set out to become a writer. In fact, she never considered it an option during high school and college. She was all about art. On a whim, she wrote down a story bouncing in her head. That was the start of it and she hasn’t regretted a moment. She writes young adult under the name Patricia Lynne.
Patricia lives with her husband in Michigan, hopes one day to have what will resemble a small petting zoo, has a fondness for dying her hair the colors of the rainbow, and an obsession with Doctor Who.
Sometimes the devil is in the details. When writing a story, little things can creep in or there are conscious choices that have meaning behind them. Here are a few fun facts about Michael that you would never know.
- Lake’s school bullies were named after my ex-boyfriends. Not at first though. One day I was editing and I thought it’d give me a giggle given how Lake gets back at them. Although, I shouldn’t really laugh at that.
- The dog Lake meets in the park is named after my friend Erin’s dog. She was one of my critique partners for Being Human and helped make it awesome.
- In the story, Jophiel is considered an archangel, but when I was looking for names I found conflicting evidence. Some sites he’s just listed as an angel, while others say in Jewish lore he is an archangel. I opted to keep the name because it was one that I had yet to see used.
- Michael’s hometown I named after Monroe, Louisiana. It’s where a friend lives, but that’s not where Michael is from.
- At the beginning of chapter two, Gabe asks about cigarettes being banned in public buildings. Michigan banned smoking in bars and restaurants.
- This last one will make all my writing friends gasp in horror. Joe doesn’t like to read. But he does enjoy writing. He mostly writes jokes. His plans before finding out he’s an archangel was to be a comedian.